Independence, Missouri

I purchased a card in 2008 using Citifinancial Auto Loans through Enterprise Car Sales. Two years later my loan is sold to Santander.

Citifinancial never sent me the title or lien release when Santander took over my loan. Last July my bank took over the loan on my van making my interest rate 15% less!! Yeah. Anyway, I have spoken for over 6 months to Santander regarding getting a lien release and they in turn say contact Citifinancial.

I attempted to contact Citifinancial through every phone number, email and any other way to contact them to submit a request for a lein release. I have paid off my vehicle and am attempting to sell it to another individual but I cannot do so because NO ONE will give me my lien release!! I am frustrated beyond compare.

I cannot even trade this vehicle in for a new one because Citifinancial still has the lein on my vehicle, not my bank.

Product or Service Mentioned: Citifinancial Auto Loan.

Comments

#891966

IF YOUR LOAN WAS BEFORE 2012 YOU HAVE TO CALL CITI FINANCIAL AT 800-922-6235 OR THE COLLATERAL DEPT 800-256-1116.

YOU CAN ALSO TRY FAXING TO 855-426-2325 CITIBANK LOAN DEPT

Gitel

Did you ever get get this figured out ? I am having the same problem - paid off my loan with Citi Financial in 2008.

Selling my car and cannot locate the lein relase or title and I don't believe they ever sent it to me ! Don't know what to do and finding many similar complaints.

@Gitel

I am having the same problem! Been trying to get my title for 3 years.

Finally filed for lost title but, I need them to release the lien. Can't find anyone who knows anything!

Chaundra-

After numerous calls and online hunting, I finally got and email address to contact them. I emailed Citifinancial on the 3rd and got my lien release today through the fax (5th). They are also going to send me one in the mail. Hope this helps. Be sure to include the full VIN, previous account number, if possible, full description of vehicle, full description of request and your contact information so you may be contacted if there additional questions regarding your request.

CFAautoitems@citi.com

@janice

CFAautoitems@citi.com does not work. I've tried. ??

Few things for you, when your loan was sold to santander of course they would have not sent you your title or lien release. You still owed the debt.

Just as when your mortgage is sold they do not release the mortgage, it just has a new servicer. If santander had your loan when it was bought out then they must release title not citi.

This is why citi sold the loans so they do not have to service them at all. Just as mortgage if is sold to 2nd co you do not contact the 1st one to get it released when it is paid off you contact the 2nd.

CitiFinancial Auto Reviews